Friday, March 28, 2014

Wrestler Spotlight: Interview with Jeff Racette #montreal #wrestling #interview @jeffracette @productionsMWF

The Wrestler Spotlight at Montreal Moonsault is a semi-regular column focusing on the top talent the region has to offer. Sometimes we will spotlight well known wrestlers, sometimes it will be up and comers. This week, I had the pleasure of sitting down with Jeff Racette (@jeffracette), MWF wrestler and current owner of MWF.




@mtlmoonsault: Where are you from?

@jeffracette: I was born in Quebec City, but I grew up on the North Shore of Montreal, at St-Eustache. Even if I'm now living in Blainville, in my mind, I will always be from St-Eustache.


@mtlmoonsault: How and when did you get into wrestling?

@jeffracette: I'm not a long time wrestling fan. I started watching wrestling at 17, and it was because I was spending the summer vacation with my grandmother in Quebec City. In the afternoon, she watched WcW Nitro and I started watching wrestling at this moment. The first show I saw was when Raven did his debut with Stevie Richard, and those 2 characters took my attention. These kind of characters and storylines intrigued me and I started watching WcW on a regular basis. 2 years later, I was started wrestling with the MWF, and Fred Lauzon.


@mtlmoonsault: Where did you train?

@jeffracette: I trained with Fred Lauzon in MWF, one of the former owners. I also had some classes with former wrestling teacher Marc le Grizzly. For the ring psychology, I was studying ECW; how they were working storyline and psychology. Tommy Dreamer and Raven’s feud is one of the best I've seen.


@mtlmoonsault: Who are some of your influences past and present?

@jeffracette: My biggest influences are for the ring psychology and storytelling are guys like Raven, Steve Austin and the Rock. Raven was my first favorite wrestler and he is the one who made me fell in love with wrestling. And April 5th, getting the chance to stand in the ring with him is the most amazing thing in my life.


@mtlmoonsault: Can you name a few accomplishments that you are most proud of?

@jeffracette: My biggest accomplishment is not as a wrestler, but as a promoter, because since the end of 2011, I'm the owner of the MWF. When I took control of it, the federation was in really bad shape. 2 and a half years later, we are stronger than ever. As a wrestler, my two MWF title reigns were amazing. Also, getting the chance to work with former legend like Sid Vicious and Demolitions were good moments.


@mtlmoonsault: When you're not wrestling, what keeps you busy?

@jeffracette: I play hockey a lot, because besides wrestling, hockey is my biggest passion. I love be on the ice and practice this wonderful sport. I play in 4 different hockey teams, 4 times a week.


@mtlmoonsault: Where can we see you wrestle next?

@jeffracette: You can see me wrestle every MWF shows in Valleyfield and every CRW event. I will also appear at NSPW in May! Other projects are coming but I can’t tell you more for the moment.


I want to thank Jeff Racette for taking the time to be a part of this interview. You can follow him on Facebook and on Twitter. And don't miss his match against Raven at MWF No Remorse on April 5th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Montreal Skyline - Jonathan Dempsey Photography