Monday, February 17, 2014

Wrestler Spotlight: Interview with Dirty Buxx Belmar #montreal #wrestling #interview @DirtyBuxxBelmar @Battle_War

The Wrestler Spotlight at Montreal Moonsault is a semi-regular column focusing on the top talent the region has to offer. Sometimes we will spotlight well known wrestlers, sometimes it will be up and comers. This week, I had the pleasure of sitting down with Dirty Buxx Belmar (@DirtyBuxxBelmar), current Battlewars Champion and ranked #2 in Quebec at lutte.com.


@mtlmoonsault: Where are you from?

@DirtyBuxxBelmar: Montreal, Quebec, Canada.


@mtlmoonsault: How and when did you get into wrestling? Where did you train?

@DirtyBuxxBelmar: I started training in 2004 at Jacques Rougeau's School in Montreal. It was perfect for the young age that I was and I learned the basics there. It was a 2 hour class every Saturday morning. I left after having been there for almost 2 years when at one point Jacques was making us build the ring and told us that was the training for the day; we learned how to build a ring. Some guys that were new there told me there were other indy promotions in Québec which I wasn't aware of, so I left to go independant in the Québec scene. When I signed up for training, Kevin Steen was still there but he left couple months after. There were also a few other Québec knowed wrestlers that I can remember I trained with like Eric Mastrocola, Jeremy Barnoff, Pauly Platinum, Tank and Will Brady.


@mtlmoonsault: Who are some of your influences past and present?

@DirtyBuxxBelmar: Big fan of Eddie Guerrero, Franky the Mobster, Goldust and Sting. Eddie Guerrero had his own style of wrestling, charismatic and unique with a mix of everything. Franky the Mobster was the one who made me want to be a wrestler in Quebec, he is unique. Goldust because he is enigmatic, weird, disgusting at some points, and creates weird reactions. Sting because I am a fan of make up and he is enigmatic. I always liked the wrestlers who were weirder or stranger; not just cool weird but a weird that brings a new brand of emotions.


@mtlmoonsault: Can you name a few accomplishment that you are most proud of?

@DirtyBuxxBelmar: I have wrestled great names like Koko B. Ware, Drew Gulak, Kevin Steen, Sunjay Dutt etc, I have wrestled in the USA for Beyond Wrestling, Chikara and ISW, being part of the most succeful promotions in Quebec wrestling scene, and wrestling for TV on RDS2 for TOW.

Also, being ranked #2 in Quebec feels great and I really appreciate all the recongnition; I take it as a ''good job, keep going''. It also gives me a great challenge for 2014 because there is some very good talent in Quebec. Being the first Battlewar champion means alot to me; Battlewar is unique and has its own ambiance, anyone who comes to see a show can fell the amazing atmosphere! Also, the talent and quality of the shows are everything a wrestling fan could wish for in Montréal. Personally,  I spent all my night outs at Les Foufounes Électriques so there is alot of memories in that place.


@mtlmoonsault: When you're not wrestling, what keeps you busy?

@DirtyBuxxBelmar: Video editing, piano, acting, gaming.


@mtlmoonsault: Where can we see you wrestle next?

@DirtyBuxxBelmar: Check out their facebook pages!
Battlewar (Montreal, Quebec) https://www.facebook.com/battlewarinfo
NSPW (Quebec city, Quebec) https://www.facebook.com/ady.maner
ISW (Danbury, Connecticut + Vans warped) https://www.facebook.com/interspecieswrestling
C4 (Vanier, Ottawa) https://www.facebook.com/c4wrestling
Beyond Wrestling (Providence, Rhode Island) https://www.facebook.com/beyondwrestling
TOW (Around the province of Quebec) https://www.facebook.com/TOWlutte



I want to thank Dirty Buxx Belmar for taking the time to be a part of this interview. You can follow him on Facebook and on Twitter. And don't miss him at NCW Rumble à Verchères #9 on February 22nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Montreal Skyline - Jonathan Dempsey Photography